Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday - August 25, 2011

Ella had a slight temperature last night (the thermometer kept giving me mixed signals) so I gave her medicine to relieve the pain.  She took the medication like a rockstar and it even looked like she enjoyed it.  I wanted to keep an eye on Ella's temperature so she sleep in her bassinet in our bedroom.  Did you know that Ella loves to talk in her sleep?  I barely slept as I kept waking up to her talking and moving around. 

My dad flew in last night and flew out tonight (yes a quick visit to the Dentist).  BUT he did get to spend time with Ella. 


Picture:  Ella and Grandpa Frank


Morning Activities:  Dexter and Claire love it when my dad visits.  He gave them a nice long walk this morning, fed them, and gave them lots of love before I brought Ella down.  My dad's attention went directly to Ella which did not make Dexter and Claire very happy.  You can see in the video that they're both trying to fight for my dad's affection - - sorry dogs, a grandbaby will beat you every time.

Video:  Ella and Grandpa Frank and Dexter & Claire

Video:  Ella complaining to Grandpa Frank


Picture:  Ella + Grandpa Frank + Claire
Picture:  Ella starting at Dexter

Afternoon Activities:  My dad came back from Brian's office at the perfect moment - right before I put Ella down for her afternoon nap.  He got to play with her for a few minutes before she got cranky.  She took her long nap (1:45pm to 4:50pm) while Grandpa Frank took a nap too.

Picture:  Ella napping.

Video:  Ella sleeping (she likes to move and make sounds while she sleeps)

Picture:  Ella with her sunglasses

Video:  Ella showing Grandpa Frank her cool sunglasses.

Evening Activities:  After she woke up from her nap, I gave Ella her bath and she didn't cry during the entire time (must have been because her Grandpa Frank was there).  She spent the rest of the evening with my dad before his flight.

Video:  Ella after her bath with Grandpa Frank

Picture:  Ella and Grandpa Frank

As you can see, Ella goes through a few outfits a day as she continues to drool.  ;)  On a side note, we're going to introduce rice cereal after we get back from Hawaii/Los Angeles - - didn't want to introduce something new into Ella's schedule right before she travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment