Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday - October 2, 2011

Ella woke up last night at about 2:30am and I was so tired that I brought her to bed with me.  She ate and fell back to sleep next to me until about 4am and again at 6:30am.  I don't know how people do it.  I am so grateful for the nights she does sleep through the night.  Morning errands aren't so fun as it doesn't help that I now have to giver Dexter shots and warm his bottom three times a day.

Morning & Afternoon Activities:  Mary came over and we took off for our road trip to Berkeley at about 8:30am.  We met up for brunch with Steph and Susan at Gather (I had their farm egg pizza - delicious).  We timed it just right as Ella slept the whole way there and enjoyed most of her visit except toward the end as she was overdue for her second morning nap.

Picture:  Testing out the high chair - Ella is still too small.

Picture:  Ella and Susan (bride to be!  20 more days until the big day!)

Picture:  Ella and Stephanie

After brunch, (Ella took her second nap on the drive) we met up at Steph's place and got to visit with Valene.  Ella enjoyed sitting on her lap for the first 10 minutes until she realized she was hungry.  She did pretty well for most of the visit but she was due for a nap so we left Oakland about 1:45pm and Ella slept the entire drive back home.  ;)  We sure love visiting the girls.

Picture:  Ella and Valene


Evening Activities: We got home at 3pm, Ella continued to nap in her swing so I decided to nap as well.  Ella woke up about 4:30pm and as I walked over to her room I smelled a "nice" surprise.  The waiting is over (day 3) - dirty diaper has arrived.  And boy was it a big smelly one but I welcome it every time!  Besides feeding Ella her rice cereal, bath time and giving Dexter his shots, it was a very quiet evening without Brian.  Ella must have been exhausted from the day as she went to bed at about 8pm.

Video:  Ella eating rice cereal (and kinda just letting it sit in her mouth)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, the girls (including Ella, of course) all look great!!

    ReplyDelete